Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $5.45
We all love animals, even if sometimes its only from afar on TV or at a zoo. But many of us have felt a closer friendship and companionship with our friends in the animal world. We talk and react to them as if they really do understand us. Perhaps they do. In this volume Hardy, Thackeray, Carroll, DH Lawrence, Emily Dickinson, and many others share their words with our ears. The selections are:
- ‘Animal Poems - An Introduction
- ‘The Ant and The Cricket – Anonymous
- ‘Choosing Their Names’ - Thomas Hood
- ‘White Butterflies’ - Algernon Charles Swinburne
- ‘The Chickens’ – Anonymous
- ‘The Fly’ - William Blake
- ‘To a Cat’ - Algernon Charles Swinburne
- ‘Mrs Reynold's Cat’ - John Keats
- ‘Nicholas Nye’ - Walter De La Mare
- ‘The Cow’ - Robert Louis Stevenson
- ‘The Pelican Chorus’ - Edward Lear
- ‘Frog and Toad’ - Christina Rossetti
- ‘A Popular Personage at Home’ - Thomas Hardy
- ‘The City Mouse and the Country Mouse’ - Aesop
What listeners say about Animal PoetryAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- J. Glemby
Well worth the price.I only wished it was longer.Wonderful poems and nice readers.Fine audio as well.
2 people found this helpful
A delightful book
A delightful book of animal poetry. From the amusing and ridiculous to the emotional and charming. I listen to this short book again and again.