Black Coffee, No Sugar, No Cream with the Founders of Black Coffee Co.
- Mar 24 2022
- Length: 1 hr and 6 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
hello, Hello, HELLO friends!
We're here for all this Black Excellence! The founders of Black Coffee Co are building communities one cup of coffee and one cup of lavender tea at a time with cooperative economics. Grab your Light Skinned Keisha Coffee and pull up a chair to listen to the founders’ journey.
Then join your 3 fav pharmacists at Black Coffee Co for The Chocolate Brunch After Dark. Tickets are available at www.thechocolatebrunch.com!
Dr. Courtney, Dr. Leah, Dr. Sylvia
Questions answered in this episode:
- How the company started
- How they transitioned from King of the Pop Up to a brick and mortar store
- What is Black Coffee Fest
- How Black Coffee Company is a movement
About our Guests The Founders of Black Coffee Company
- We launched The Black Coffee Company in 2018 with the freshest organic coffee beans and #BlackCoffeeCo branded merchandise as a way to create resources and opportunities for our communities.
- It all started on a 2015 trip to the Motown Museum in Detroit, MI where we learned how Berry Gordy’s parents worked together to create a self-sustaining family investment fund. This fund not only provided business startup capital for all family members, it provided the funding necessary for Berry Gordy to launch his Motown record label. For us, this was a divine moment of inspiration.
- We started as high school friends and grew into lifelong brothers, proudly walking the halls of the great Xavier University of Louisiana together. Over the years through our travels and adventure, our ambitions grew and our focus shifted to protecting the family collective, creating a legacy. We finally had a blueprint for our next endeavor. We would learn all we could about investing so that we could become a vehicle for empowerment within our own community. "BackPack Investments" was born. This investment club would allow us to put our money where our mouth is, learn the ropes, and share
- After three years building, spending hundreds of hours in meetings and conference calls, growing our investment fund, pooling our financial resources and career experiences .... we launched our business, “The Black Coffee Company”.
- The Black Coffee Company has allowed us to leverage our collective capital, cultural experiences, and networks, to create a self-sustaining enterprise that sells organic fair trade coffee beans, branded merchandise and apparel, and ultimately, lifestyle. Through this enterprise we direct a percentage of all profits to our educational fund, which provides high-impact educational and financial resources for minority youths within our local communities.
Are you enjoying the show?
Leave us a review on your favorite podcast platform and connect with 3 friends TALK: