‘Bonus Points If You Go To Therapy’ | Fantasy and Reality with Anti-Shamer, REED AMBER
- Jun 11 2021
- Length: 44 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Years of crushing finally pay off - our favourite mental health and sex-positivity icon, Reed Amber, joins us on the podcast! You may know Reed best from her work with Florence and the gang over at Come Curious, or from their podcast, F*cks Given. In this episode, we talk to Reed about her journey from hating to advocating: her body, therapy, social media, the works. From CBT to OF to IBS, we're DTF with Reed FTW.
Plenty of 'adult' language in this one, you have been warned!
CW: OCD & intrusive thoughts (3 mins to 15 mins approx); suicidal thoughts (05:53 - 06:10); brief mention of psychosis (06:14 - 06:30); body image, dysmorphia (23 mins to 33 mins approx); brief discussion of SW (33 mins - 38 mins approx) with reference to trafficking (36:30 - 37:30) and fetishes (37:30 - 38:00); brief mention of death & bereavement (39:00 - 39:30).
What are you grateful for? Be in the next episode of our podcast and tell us what has you feeling thankful lately. You can Tweet us at @inviscabaret, DM us on Instagram or send us a voice message.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- How to pursue therapy: some resources - NHS & self-referrals (UK), BetterHelp
- Hypochondria vs. health anxiety
- The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse by Charlie Macksey
- Meditation & mindfulness for panic attacks
- Parasympathetic nervous system (Reed was right first time! @ 20 mins ish)
- Bloating & IBS - signs to be aware of for similarly-presenting health conditions
- Social media addiction
- Documentary: The Social Dilemma, available on Netflix
Edited and mixed by Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod , available by license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
www.invisiblecabaret.org--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/invisible-cabaret/message