Dr. Susan Madsen - The Scholarly Practitioner
- Jun 24 2022
- Length: 50 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Professor Susan R. Madsen, Ph.D., is the Karen Haight Huntsman Endowed Professor of Leadership in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business at Utah State University. She is also a Visiting Fellow of the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Zagreb (Croatia) and a former Fellow of The Leadership Trust Foundation in Ross-on-Wye, England. Dr. Madsen is considered one of the top global thought leaders on the topic of women and leadership, has authored or edited eight books, and has published hundreds of articles, chapters, and reports. Her research has been featured in the U.S. News and World Report, The Atlantic, The New York Times, Parenting Magazine, Chronicle of Higher Education, The Washington Post, and she is a regular contributor to Forbes. She is a well-known speaker in local, national, and international settings. Susan has founded many women’s networks, and she serves on a host of nonprofit, community, and association boards and committees. Madsen has received numerous awards for her teaching, research, and service.
Connecting with Dr. Madsen
Publications/Ted Talks by Dr. Madsen
Quotes From This Episode
- "I have CEOs all the time that say to me, 'okay, I'm hiring women, but they're not staying.' And I'm like, 'describe your culture.'"
- "The research is so clear that when you have a mix of great men and great women working together in leadership teams...better things are going to happen - more innovation, and more creativity...If we really care about doing better for this world, for our kids and grandkids, we have to move forward with greater diversity, inclusion, and belonging."
- "I've always said the difference between a guru and a scholar is that the gurus have all the answers and scholars have all the questions. I have way more questions."
- "When you can get into that wonderful space where your head, heart, and hands all connect - then it really is powerful."
About The International Leadership Association (ILA)
- The ILA was created in 1999 to bring together professionals interested in the study, practice, and teaching of leadership. Plan for ILA's 24th Global Conference online on October 6 & 7, 2022, and/or onsite in Washington, D.C., October 13-16, 2022. Register for the 24th Global Conference here!
My Approach to Hosting
- The views of my guests do not constitute "truth." Nor do they reflect my personal views in some instances. However, they are important views to be aware of. Nothing can replace your own research and exploration.
Connect with Scott Allen