Episode 038: Joint venturing on fix & flips… bringing down the cost of living though house hacking… and creating wealth as a real estate agent with Tom Tran
- May 30 2022
- Length: 59 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
What’s the secret to creating wealth as a real estate agent (or any type of profession or business for that matter)?
We think it’s embodied in the quote… “It’s not your resources that determine your success, it’s your resourcefulness”. In other words, it’s having an ‘entrepreneurial mindset’.
Your mindset and psychology totally shifts. And so does your vocabulary.
You no longer say things like “I can’t afford it”, “I don’t have the down payment”, “There’s not enough time”, or “I don’t know enough”, etc.
You instead start asking yourself different questions, like… “How can I afford it?”, “How can I raise the money?”, “What skills do I need to learn so I can do ___”, “Who can I get to help me?”, etc.
Get the difference?
It’s a total game changer… which is why we’re so excited to talk with Tom Tran, a real estate agent/investor operating in one of the most expensive markets in the country, and whose story so far (he’s a young buck just getting started!) truly epitomizes the essence of being ‘resourceful’!
Here’s a sample of what we discuss…
- Why Tom had to live on $2,000 (total!)… for two whole years.
- How to become one of the top REO Brokers in your area (these are real estate agents who sell bank-owned foreclosure properties)… and how Tom and his brothers grew their brokerage to selling 40-50 properties per month!
- The good, bad, and ugly of being an REO Broker.
- What you must do when times get tough (or someone moves your cheese!) – if you want to survive and thrive.
- The right way to use a student loan. ;-)
- Cultivating an ‘entrepreneurial mindset’… and why it’s the ultimate secret to handling any type of crisis or challenge.
- Tom’s nightmare fix & flip deal that he thought was a sure-fire winner… and the fatal mistake he madethat compromised the project from Day 1.
- How to not get ripped off by your contractor.
- How Tom created a powerful platform (at no cost) to quickly and easily find contractors and tradespeopleto work on his projects.
- House Hacking Secrets: How Tom pays only $500 - $1,000 per month… while living in one of the most expensive housing markets in the country.
- Tom’s little-known business model that’s allowed him to explode his rehab business… in a market where many investors are having a tough time finding deals that make sense.
- Much, much more!
For contact info and links to resources mentioned, visit our website www.GimmeSomeMORE.info/episodes and type in the search bar: Tom Tran