‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX
- Jul 9 2021
- Length: 41 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Ferrero Rochelle & Rosie Verbose are joined by professional dancer & burlesque artiste, Trixie Kixx! Trixie is a powerhouse queer woman with a passion for body confidence centred around how movement makes us feel, not what we look like. She regularly performs with House of Burlesque and teaches lessons in London and online. She's also a Queen Crystaller (read, the gateway drug for Rosie Verbose's stoning obsession, as discussed with Sammy Sparkles!). Join us as we chat about burlesque, practising body positivity/ body neutrality as a dancer, and more.
CW: discussion of weight & body image throughout
Keep up to date with Trixie on Instagram: @trixiekixx, and follow her work with House of Burlesque & Off The Rails Studios while you're at it! Trixie teaches a class every Tuesday at 8:10pm online and in the studio at Off The Rails (@offtherails.studio), open to all women.
What are you grateful for? Be in the next episode of our podcast and tell us what has you feeling thankful lately. You can Tweet us at @inviscabaret, DM us on Instagram or send us a voice message.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Trixie in action: classic burlesque strip, example routine from a class
- House of Burlesque's lockdown rehearsal process
- Tempest Rose's Gypsy monologue act
- Trixie's Bloody Mary act - photos on our social media & website; learn about Mary I here!
- Waacking (you can learn this with Mademoiselle Ginger
- Advice on curating your social media for better mental health
- Re. curating your social media feed - see our episode with Reed Amber for more on this
- 'Eleveneriefe' meme
- Roch mentions Miss Mustardseed - check out our episode with her here (also about body positivity!)
- Boots Botanics skincare
- Kew Gardens
Edited and mixed by Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod , available by license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
www.invisiblecabaret.org--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/invisible-cabaret/message