Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $24.00
Fasten your seat belts for an anthology of turbulent tales curated by Stephen King and Bev Vincent.
This exciting new collection includes an original introduction and story notes for each story by Stephen King, and brand-new stories from Stephen King and Joe Hill.
Stephen King hates to fly.
Now he and coeditor Bev Vincent would like to share this fear of flying with you.
Welcome to Flight or Fright, an anthology about all the things that can go horribly wrong when you're suspended six miles in the air, hurtling through space at more than 500 mph and sealed up in a metal tube (like - gulp! - a coffin) with hundreds of strangers. All the ways your trip into the friendly skies can turn into a nightmare, including some we'll bet you've never thought of before...but now you will the next time you walk down the jetway and place your fate in the hands of a total stranger.
Featuring brand-new stories by Joe Hill and Stephen King as well as 14 classic tales and one poem from the likes of Richard Matheson, Ray Bradbury, Roald Dahl, Dan Simmons, and many others.
Book a flight for this terrifying new anthology that will have you thinking twice about how you want to reach your final destination.
- Introduction by Stephen King
- 'Cargo' by E. Michael Lewis
- 'The Horror of the Heights' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- 'Nightmare at 20,000 Feet' by Richard Matheson
- 'The Flying Machine' by Ambrose Bierce
- 'Lucifer!' by E. C. Tubb
- 'The Fifth Category' by Tom Bissell
- 'Two Minutes Forty-Five Seconds' by Dan Simmons
- 'Diablitos' by Cody Goodfellow
- 'Air Raid' by John Varley
- 'You Are Released' by Joe Hill
- 'Warbirds' by David J. Schow
- 'The Flying Machine' by Ray Bradbury
- 'Zombies on a Plane' by Bev Vincent
- 'They Shall Not Grow Old' by Roald Dahl
- 'Murder in the Air' by Peter Tremayne
- 'The Turbulence Expert' by Stephen King
- 'Falling' by James L. Dickey
- Afterword by Bev Vincent
What listeners say about Flight or FrightAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Stephen Kings name due me to this book but sadly I found some of the stories very poor. They did get slightly better as the book went on but I would save your money and buy a different book!
7 people found this helpful
- Paul MC CANN
read some brilliant books recently but this is fire, really not interesting stories. prob won't finish it, it's that bad!
5 people found this helpful
really good read. narrators all did a fantastic job. certainly different to hear a collection of airplane stories
Up up and away
An interesting collection of aviation related stories, with a few stand-outs. Generally stories are interesting and well-read.