- Seventy ghoulish and unearthly short stories
- Narrated by: Cathy Dobson
- Length: 21 hrs and 48 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $98.17
A ghoulish collection of loathsome and macabre tales full of astounding skill and diabolical cleverness.
- 'The Coffin Merchant' by Richard Middleton
- 'The Everlasting Club' by Arthur Gray
- 'The Vampire' by Jan Neruda
- 'The Lighthouse on Shivering Sand' by J. S. Fletcher
- 'The Story of the Spaniards' by E. & H. Heron
- 'Over an Absinthe Bottle' by W. C. Morrow
- 'The Anticipator' by Morley Roberts
- 'The Snow' by Hugh Walpole
- 'The Conjurer' by Richard Middleton
- 'A Considerable Murder' by Barry Pain
- 'The Clock' by W. F. Harvey
- 'The Terrible Old Man' by H. P. Lovecraft
- 'Three Pennyworth of Luck' by Basil Murray
- 'The Ghost Ship' by Richard Middleton
- 'His Unconquerable Enemy' by W. C. Morrow
- 'The Voice' by A. J. Alan
- 'Sea Curse' by Robert E. Howard
- 'The Stranger' by Ambrose Bierce
- 'The Evil Clergyman' by H. P. Lovecraft
- 'A Ghost Story' by Mark Twain
- 'A Madman’s Manuscript' by Charles Dickens
- 'A Very Black Business' by Ernest Bramah
- 'Double Demon' by W. F. Harvey
- 'Bagnell Terrace' by E. F. Benson
- 'Gabriel-Ernest' by Saki
- 'My Adventure in Norfolk' by A. J. Alan
- 'On the Brighton Road' - by Richard Middleton
- 'Rattle of Bones' by Robert E. Howard
- 'Shepherd’s Boy' by Richard Middleton
- 'Query' by Seamark
Plus 40 other macabre stories.
What listeners say about Macabre TalesAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Kindle Customer
A really great selection of stories
Would you listen to Macabre Tales again? Why?
yes but in small increments a story or two at a time.
Who was your favorite character and why?
Since this is a story collection its not a relevant question.
Did Cathy Dobson do a good job differentiating all the characters? How?
I had trouble staying focused during Ms. Dobson's narration to be honest. She has a lovely voice with a rich timbre but for some reason I could not stay focused and found myself having to rewind frequently because I would zone out during the listening session.
Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
8 people found this helpful
- Matthew Sholty
the speaker uses a strange accent that gets old
the stories need to be listened to in short times. listening to the back to back is hard because the reader is hard to listen to for long times.
- S. Barker
Avoid any books narrated by Cathy Dobson
I was looking forward to this collection but the narrators way of speaking is off putting in the extreme. I listened to 3 stories but i couldn't continue and got a refund. Shame.
2 people found this helpful