Racism Is a Disease
- A History of Racial Discrimination, Prejudice, White Supremacy and the Fragility Between the Black And White Race in America including Antiracist Guide for Parents and Kids
- Narrated by: Jared James
- Length: 2 hrs and 10 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Categories: Politics & Social Sciences, Social Sciences
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $6.95
Racism is the act in which a person discriminates against another person base on their skin color and all other morphological features to be linked. These characteristics associated with morphology includes the shape of the nose, height, shape of the head, and the color of the eyes.
Also, racism is somewhat linked to race criteria with that of ethnicity and nationality, which is why it is often accompanied by xenophobia and nationalistic chauvinism.
The justifications that the racists have are often focused on ethnocentric, ideological, pseudoscientific, religious, and folk criteria. The sum of all these causes shapes the structure of racist discourse, as well as its arguments and allegations.
The protests born after the vicious death of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police officers have led to vandalism attacks on various statues of historical figures throughout the world and a call to obfuscate and eliminate racism and racial discrimination.
In this book, the author dissects the history of racial discrimination, the interrelationship between racism and slavery, and explores the evil and heinous acts of racism, the devastating effect of racism in modern society, struggles for the fight against racism, consequences of racial discrimination, and possible ways to eliminate racial discrimination including tips to enlighten children and teens on how to be antiracist.
What this book offers includes the following:
- What Is Racism?
- Types of Racism
- Brief Historical Overview of Racism
- Factors of Racial Discrimination
- Causes of Racial Discrimination
- Effect of Racism
- Characteristics of Racial Discrimination
- Consequences of Racial Discrimination
- Characters who fought against Inequality
- Slavery in the United States
- Black Lives Matter: A Modern Civil Rights Movement
- How Resistance Shaped the Unit