Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $19.95
Featuring erotic stories by: Marge Piercy, Nathan Englander, Jerry Stahl, Dani Shapiro, and M.J. Rose.
In The Best American Erotica, Volume 8, Marge Piercy introduces us to the nerd-kid sex club, Nathan Englander explores the addictive power of a peep show, Jerry Stahl relates a dare from an extremely demanding girlfriend, and Dani Shapiro proves the difference between the fantasy and the reality of losing your virginity.
Included in this collection:
- "Expanding on an Idea" by Todd Belton
- Excerpt from Three Women: "The New Kid" by Marge Piercy
- "You Know What?" by Cara Bruce
- "Sink" by Matt Bernstein Sycamore
- "Greek Sex" by Tsaurah Litzky
- Excerpt from Peep Show by Nathan Englander
- "Fleshlight" by Joe Maynard
- "Backstage Boys" by Wendy Becker
- Excerpt from Perv: A Love Story by Jerry Stahl
- "Bed of Leaves" by Dani Shapiro
- "Spew Forth" by Dodie Bellamy
- "Sunday" by Dan Taulapapa McMullin
- "When the Student Is Ready" by Claire Tristram
- Excerpt from Lip Service by M J Rose
- "The Man Who Ate Women" by Damian Grace
- "That's Awful, That's Nothing" by Wade Krueger
- "Deflower" by Rosalind Christine Lloyd
- "In This Corner" by Charles Flowers
- "And Early to Rise" by Hanne Blank
- "Rooster" by Jack Murnighan
Previously published as Best American Erotica 2001.
"[Susie Bright is] the avatar of American erotica." (The New York Times)
What listeners say about The Best American Erotica, Volume 8: When the Student Is ReadyAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- CJ in Colorado
I guess erotica is not my thing.
This book wasn’t for you, but who do you think might enjoy it more?
Someone who enjoys being bludgeoned by story after story about people's sexual fetishes.
Would you ever listen to anything by the authors again?
It depends on if they branched out into different genres.
What do you think the narrator could have done better?
Most of the narration was good it was the stories that were lacking.
What character would you cut from The Best American Erotica 2001 (Unabridged Selections)?
The characters weren't the issue.
Any additional comments?
This was my first erotica reading and I thought I would check it out. I found that it's not for me but others may enjoy it if it's your thing.
Second time reading a collection of erotica
The first collection I read - the 2002 collection - I couldn't listen to the end. It was just too weird, too out of anything am used to, I just couldn't continue. This is better, maybe my sensitivity has dulled. Maybe because it's shorter. A number were a little too much for me though, but some I really liked - like the guy that offered himself for facesitting by 20 or so random women. I kept thinking, he did this for 2 hours??? Really? How didn't he suffocate?
1 person found this helpful