- A Bumper Anthology of Great Classic Short Stories
- Narrated by: Cathy Dobson
- Length: 20 hrs and 12 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $95.94
A spectacular collection of outstanding half-hour short stories...perfect for commuters or bedtime listening.
- 'The Whistle' by Hugh Walpole
- 'The Well' by W. W. Jacobs
- 'The Scrupulous Father' by George Gissing
- 'The Debt' by Edith Wharton
- 'The Problem of the Five Marks' by Melville Davisson Post
- 'The Purple Wig' by G. K. Chesterton
- 'Pickman's Model' by H. P. Lovecraft
- 'Humplebee' by George Gissing
- 'The Silver Mask' by Hugh Walpole
- 'The Adventure of the Three Garridebs' by Arthur Conan Doyle
- 'The Lake' by W. F. Harvey
- 'Batchelors' by Hugh Walpole
- 'The Diary of Mr. Poynter' by M. R. James
- 'The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone' by Arthur Conan Doyle
- 'A Thread of Scarlet' by J. J. Bell
- 'The Tarn' by Hugh Walpole
- 'The Umbrella' by Arnold Bennett
- 'The Little Ghost' by Hugh Walpole
- 'Satan's Circus' by Eleanor Smith
- 'The Enemy' by Hugh Walpole
...and many more entrancing half-hour tales.
What listeners say about Thirty-Minute StoriesAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Howdee Acres
After bearing the first story, I couldn't go on. The narrator is simply dreadful.
Narrator is really annoying.
I have struggled through other books that involve this narrator. She has strange cadences that are quite distracting. As a result, I am returning this book. Not a comment on the quality of the stories just on the quality of the narration.
1 person found this helpful
DISAPPOINTED BY THE NARRATOR
What disappointed you about Thirty-Minute Stories?
I can't even stand to listen to the narrator. She ends her sentences on an UP intonation. She doesn't seem to be reading seriously. It's like sing-sing not dramatic.
What about Cathy Dobson’s performance did you like?
I can't even stand to listen to the narrator. She ends her sentences on an UP intonation. She doesn't seem to be reading seriously. I will never buy another audiobook she reads. I SHOULD HAVE DONE AN ON-LINE LISTEN FIRST.
Any additional comments?
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr disappointed to the max
4 people found this helpful
Narration is awfully monotonous
Classic stories narrated poorly.
Not the first collection I do not listen to because of this unnecessarily sinister voice.
2 people found this helpful