Dosage Calculation Success2 books in series
Dosage Calculations for Nursing Students: Master Dosage Calculations the Safe & Easy Way Without Formulas! Publisher's Summary
Welcome to the second edition of our dosage calculations book!
Are you a nursing student or a nurse who wants to learn a few simple methods of solving dosage calculations without a bunch of formulas?
Would you like to raise your hand in your dosage calculation class, after the instructor explains a complicated formula and asks someone to approach the white board to show the class a much simpler method?
Do you want to go on your clinical assessment knowing that you have a solid foundation in dosage calculations?
Do you want to walk into your nursing calculations class on the first day knowing that you can ace all the tests before the course begins?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this audiobook is for you!
The book is divided into seven units containing 35 chapters.
Unit 1: Essential Skills
You can’t learn to drive a car if you don’t understand the function of the steering wheel. The same applies to the following subjects when learning dosage calculations.
- The Metric System
- Apothecary/Avoirdupois/Household Systems
- Dimensional Analysis (DA) and Ratio Proportion (RP)
- Rounding Numbers
- Military Time
Unit 2: Auxiliary Subjects
Unit 2 covers the basic notations and roman numerical representations.
- Roman Numerals
- Scientific Notation
Unit 3: Unit Conversions
This chapter covers ways of converting between and within the various systems of measurement using dimensional analysis and ratio proportion.
- Unit conversions Within the Metric System
- Unit Conversions Within the Household System
- Unit Conversions Between Metric, Household and Apothecary Systems
- Unit Conversions Involving Pounds and Ounces
- Unit Conversions Involving Hours and Minutes
Unit 4: Dosage Calculations
Unit 4 builds on the knowledge gained in the previous units and covers dosage calculations, starting with the terminology and set-up of problems, then progressing from easy, one-step problems to multi-step problems.
- Dosage Calculations - The Basics
- Dosage Calculations Levels 1-3
- Body Surface Area Dosing Calculations
- Pediatric Dosage Calculations
- Pediatric Maintenance Fluid Replacement Calculations
Unit 5: IV Flow Rate Calculations
Unit 5 starts with the basic terminology and set up of intravenous (IV) flow rate problems and then moves on to simple and advanced problems as well as:
- IV Flow Rate Adjustment Calculations
- Heparin Infusion and Adjustment Calculations
Unit 6: Percent and Ratio Strength Calculations
This chapter covers percentage and ratio calculations.
- Percent Strength
- Percent Change
- Ratio Strength
Unit 7: Miscellaneous Subjects
This chapter covers a range of miscellaneous calculation topics, puzzles, and self-assessment.
- Reconstitution Calculations
- Concentrations and Dilutions
- Milliequivalent Calculations
- Dosage Calculations Puzzles
- Self-Assessment Exam
The book contains over 600 high-quality practice problems with answers.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.